Do you cook them fresh or frozen?
We usually do the following
1. Not feed the mealies for 1-2 days (allow for cleansing of digestive track)
2. Harvest mealies and freeze for couple hours or overnight
3. Boil just for a few minutes (this is the part where most of the taste would be boiled out)
4. Pour the mealies in a sieve
5. Quick rinse off mealies
6. Cook, bake, whatever you prefer
1/3 of the mealworms is healthy fat, so you don't even need to add oil when cooking.
The above you can skip depending on your preference.